Additional ways to restore your appearance and renew your self-confidence following breast surgery include staying active, taking care of your skin and feeling good about your self image. We know the road to recovery holds many challenges, and we want to make this time easier for you by helping you look and feel better and maintain a positive outlook. To do this we provide you with swimsuits, skin care products and hair loss solutions.
Swimsuits for women who have had breast surgery are designed with bra pockets to hold the breast form securely in place, and are available in a spectacular array of prints, florals and solids. They also feature slightly higher armholes and necklines for a bit more coverage where you need it most. Styles range from sporty tanks with high or moderate cut legs, to versatile tankinis, to swimdresses and suits that feature figure-control panels for extra firming and smoothing. Sizes range from 6 to 26W. Many suits have coordinating cover-ups to complete the ensemble.
Skin Care Products
Keeping your skin healthy and glowing is a real challenge when you consider the daily trials: age, environment, general health and medications. To keep your skin in good condition it needs special attention. Radiation treatments are especially damaging to the skin. We carry a line of soothing body care products that are exceptionally gentle and contain no alcohol, color or fragrance.
Specialty lotions and creams are formulated for sensitive skin, radiation dermatitis and lymphedema, and encourage the skin’s natural healing process while nourishing, softening and revitalizing:
- UV Protection Lotion formulated for the oncology patient who is more sun-sensitive, protecting the skin from UVA, UVB and the “penetrating” infrared rays of the sun
- Natural non-metallic deodorant for sensitive skin, which contains Oil of Cypress and Lichen Extract to gently protect against odor and wetness
- Moisturizing shampoo with a gentle cleansing formula for fragile hair and sensitive scalp often associated with the effects of radiation and chemotherapy treatments
- CaraMina® Skin Care products, high performance holistic products that provide a virtual cocktail of healing and soothing botanicals, nourishing and restorative vitamins and protective anti-oxidants. The result is smoother, clearer, softer, healthier beautiful skin. There are many benefits to using a skin care system including:
- Improvement in the skin’s ability to defend itself
- Reduction in signs of on-going sensitivity
- Smoother clearer skin tone and texture
- Diminished fine lines and acne scars
Hair Loss Solutions
Hair loss can be devastating, especially the sudden loss of hair following chemotherapy. It can create a drastic change in self-esteem and personal image. When hair loss occurs, for whatever reason, it is important for women to have fashionable and comfortable alternatives that will allow them to look and feel good not only in public, but at home as well. If you choose not to purchase a wig, or simply don’t like wearing one all the time, we have some beautiful and comfortable options for you.
Come browse through our discrete women’s health area for scarves, turbans and hats in textured fabrics, gorgeous prints and solids in both casual and formal styles. They make a fashion statement by themselves or can be accessorized with coordinating ropes, braids and bands for extra flair. Bangs and hair loops in a wide array of natural colors provide the illusion of a full head of hair when worn with a hat, scarf or turban. Hat liners, padded cotton liners that add volume under hats, scarves and turbans, give a little lift if your scarf lies too flatly against your head. Sleep caps are soft, warm and comfortable and help keep your head warm at night by preventing body heat from escaping.