Giving birth and caring for your infant and young child can be a life-changing event and at KHS we want you to know that we are dedicated to supporting you throughout your journey. KHS celebrates World Breastfeeding Week August 1-7, 2014 to protect, promote and support breastfeeding.
Twenty years ago, the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) started the World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) campaign to support all women in breastfeeding and caring for their infants and young children.
WABA is pleased to announce that the slogan and theme for World Breastfeeding Week 2014: BREASTFEEDING: A Winning Goal – For Life!
This year’s WABA World Breastfeeding Week theme asserts the importance of increasing and sustaining the protection, promotion and support of breastfeeding – in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) countdown, and beyond. We call on all celebrants of WBW to Protect, Promote and Support Breastfeeding: it is a vital Life-Saving Goal!
Our team of professional, certified fitters is here to assist women in selecting merchandise related to breastfeeding and breast care. We are committed to combining caring and compassionate service with the most recent advances in product technology.
Breastfeeding your baby is one of the most important decisions you can make. Not only is breastfeeding best for your baby’s health, it can also benefit you in many ways.
Breastfeeding is the most natural and nutritious way to encourage your baby’s development. Mothers’ milk is a unique combination of fats, sugars, minerals, proteins, vitamins and enzymes custom-made to promote brain and body growth.
However, there may be times when breastfeeding, even under the best of circumstances, can present challenges, as both mother and baby are learning what to do. It’s worth the effort because your baby receives important nutritional, immunological, and developmental benefits and both of you get to enjoy a special closeness.
We Want to Help Make Breastfeeding a Rewarding Experience
To ensure that your breastfeeding experience is a positive one, Knueppel HealthCare offers a wealth of information and specialty products to make breastfeeding as easy and comfortable as possible.
Breast pumps and related items:
- Portable electric pumps especially designed for active mothers
- Battery operated and manual breast pumps
- Pump cases, backpacks and shoulder bags
- Milk collection and storage bags, bottles and coolers
- Nipple shields and breast shells to relieve discomfort associated with engorgement and sore or inverted nipples
- Washable and disposable bra pads
- Supplemental Nursing System™ to assist adoptive and nursing mothers
Other products for caring for your baby:
- Baby scales
- Medicine dispenser
- Digital thermometers.
- Nasal aspirators
- Nursery vaporizers and humidifiers
- Digital ear thermometer
- Pacifier digital thermometers
- Pacifier medicine dispenser
- Gift certificates
The objectives for World Breastfeeding Week 2014:
- To provide information about the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and how they relate to breastfeeding and infant and young child feeding (IYCF).
- To showcase the progress made so far and the key gaps in breastfeeding and IYCF.
- To call attention to the importance of STEPPING UP actions to protect, promote and support breastfeeding as a key intervention in the MDGs and in the post 2015 era.
- To stimulate interest among young people of both genders to see the relevance of breastfeeding in today’s changing world.
Please call us or visit us, we will be honored to address your needs and support you through your journey.
The Road to Lifelong Health Begins with Breastfeeding!